First I have to say to you all: Congratulations! Your “Ask a Pastor” questions have completely overwhelmed us pastors and have now officially become a backlog, a logjam, a complete gridlock. However you want to call it, the list of questions is long, and the list of pastors to answer them… well, not so long. But how exciting for us! But disappointing for you because if you are one who’s asked a question then you have to wait a little for the answer. Please don’t stop asking them, just we ask for patience as we work through the list.
Second, I thought, as you wait, that I would point you to more questions. But questions that already have the answers! (A good thing!) One time, as I worked through the Psalms in my morning devotions, I wrote down and focused on all the questions the Psalmists have. There are a lot. And they are helpful. Plus, they are real: Questions that are good for us to ask and to see the answer to because they are questions we probably have.
So below here (as you wait for your own ‘Ask a Pastor’ question to be answered), you’ll find more questions—to find the answers, open the Psalm the question is found in, and read it. And ask the Holy Spirit to help you see the answer that He gives through the Psalm. It’s worth opening your Bible for. (Hint: Sometimes the question is rhetorical, and answered in the Psalm accordingly… like the first one):
- “Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?” ~ Psalm 2:1
- ”How long, O you sons of men, will you turn my glory to shame? ~ Psalm 4:2
- “My soul also is greatly troubled; But Thou, O LORD, how long?” ~ Psalm 6:3
- “What is man that Thou art mindful of him, and the son of man that Thou visitist him?” ~ Psalm 8:4
- “Why standest Thou afar off, O LORD? Why hidest Thou Thyself in times of trouble?” ~ Psalm 10:1
- “Wherefore doth the wicked contemn (renounce) God?” ~ Psalm 10:3
- “For who is God, save the LORD? Or who is a rock, save our God?” ~ Psalm 18:31
- “Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who shall stand in His holy place?” ~ Psalm 24:3
- “Who is this King of glory?” ~ Psalm 24:8
- “Who is this King of glory?” ~ Psalm 24:10
- “What man is he that feareth the LORD?” Psalm 25:12
- “The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?” ~ Psalm 27:1
- “What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death? shall he deliver his soul from the hand of the grave?” ~ Psalm 89:48
And many more! Try looking for them!